OTR App Find your closest OTR Payroll Enquiries

OTR to become the Heartbeat of Regional Communities

OTR to Become the Heartbeat of Regional Communities

OTR and St John Ambulance SA have joined together to install public access defibrillators at OTR sites with an aim to assist in saving lives of those in regional communities across South Australia.

The first defibrillator will be installed at OTR Nuriootpa on Wednesday 16 May with the St John’s CPR Van travelling to the regional site so the local Barossa Valley community can receive free CPR training and experience live demonstrations of the CPR unit in use.

With more than 140 stores across the state, OTR have a large footprint in regional South Australia which is where the first 12 defibrillators will be installed in 2018. As a 24-hour business within Peregrine Corporation, OTR is the ideal partner for St John to provide the public with easy access to these lifesaving machines in regional town centres and on easily accessible main roads.

Each year, approximately 30,000 Australians suffer from sudden cardiac arrest. There is a 90% chance of surviving a cardiac arrest if defibrillated within the first minute; for every minute that passes, the chance of survival reduces by 10%.

Peregrine Corporation employee, Daniel Lowe, has had his own personal experience where a defibrillator saved his life.

“Back in June 2016, I suffered a sudden and unexpected cardiac arrest when I was at the gym and I know first-hand that having a defibrillator accessible is the reason why I am still here today. I am proud to work for an organisation who is supporting the purchase and installation of these defibrillators where they are needed across rural South Australia” says Daniel.

OTR Chief Operating Officer, Peter Piliouras, is proud to be part of this important partnership with St John which will ultimately save lives of South Australians and support regional communities.

“OTR is at the heart of SA communities and we are proud to support an investment that can potentially save lives and promote awareness and use of defibrillators in regional areas,” concluded Mr Piliouras.

The official launch will be held at the Nuriootpa OTR site on Wednesday 16th May between 12-2pm. OTR Nuriootpa address: Corner Tanunda Road and New Road, Nuriootpa SA 5355.

For further media enquiries contact Belinda Petersen: 0402 358 000, belinda@bppr.com.au or Tova Worroll: 0423 617 802 tova@bppr.com.au

16th May 2018