OTR App Find your closest OTR Payroll Enquiries

OTR Installs Second Defibrillator for the Loxton Community

OTR Installs Second Defibrillator for the Loxton Community

South Australia’s leading retailer and largest private employer OTR and St John Ambulance SA will join together to install their second public access defibrillator in Loxton, at the OTR Loxton store on French Road, with the hope that it could save lives for the local Riverland community in the case of sudden cardiac arrest.

OTR Loxton Roundabout installed its first defibrillator in September last year, and will now have a defibrillator in both OTR’s. OTR have installed 23 defibrillators around regional SA including Port Augusta, Whyalla, Naracoorte, and Mannum, and have more planned.

OTR CEO, Warren Wilmot said, “We are proud to be supporting the Riverland community through this important partnership with St John Ambulance SA, which aims to save lives of South Australians and support metropolitan and regional communities.”

“OTR is at the heart of South Australian communities and we are proud to support an investment that can potentially save lives and promote the awareness and use of defibrillators in regional areas,” continued Warren.

“This initiative is particularly important to us as, two years ago, OTR Subway Area Manager, Kristy Smith, suffered a cardiac arrest and received 16 electric shocks from a defibrillator which saved her life. Two years later, she is still working for Subway and doing amazing things in our team. We are grateful that the defibrillator was there for Kristy when she needed it and we want to ensure that OTR can provide support to others should the need ever arise,” Warren concluded.

Each year approximately 30,000 Australians suffer from sudden cardiac arrest. St John Ambulance SA CEO (Acting) Steve Yeo explains, “There is a 90% chance of surviving a cardiac arrest if defibrillated within the first minute; for every minute that passes, the chance of survival reduces by 10%.”

“St John Ambulance SA strongly believes high visibility public sites that are open 24 hours are ideal places for a defibrillator and we are very happy to see OTR helping look after the wellbeing of South Australians, particularly in regional communities,” Steve concluded.

Throughout the remainder of 2019, OTR are committed to installing even more defibrillators in regional areas across South Australia, eventually bringing the total number of defibrillators to 32.

The innovative OTRGive program is another key way that OTR is supporting the community on an ongoing basis. Every time a customer shops or refuels at OTR with the OTR App, OTR makes a donation on the customer’s behalf to the community group of their choice – including St John Ambulance SA – at no cost to the customer.


2nd OTR: French Rd, Loxton, SA 5333.

1st OTR: 52 Bookpurnong Terrace, Loxton, SA 5333.


For further media enquiries contact:

Belinda Petersen: 0402 358 000, belinda@bppr.com.au or

Darcy Trebilco: 0439 823 702, darcy@bppr.com.au