Terms and Conditions of Entry for the Optus Win a trip to Optus Stadium Perth Competition
Information on how to enter and prize information form part of these terms and conditions of entry (Conditions of Entry).
Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
Win a Trip to Optus Stadium Perth
Optus Administration Pty Ltd ABN 79 055 136 804, 1 Lyonpark Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: (02) 8082 7800
Start date: 26/09/18 at 12:01 am AEST
End date: 30/10/18 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to SA and VIC residents. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Enter
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) purchase an Optus Prepaid Eligible Product (see ‘Appendix A’ below for full list) in one (1) transaction (“Qualifying Purchase”) from any On The Run (OTR) Convenience store in South Australia or Victoria displaying advertising for this Promotion (“Participating Venues”); and
b) visit otr.com.au/optusstadium, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with the following details:
i. their personal details (first name, last name, email address and phone number, age and postcode) (“Personal Information”);
ii. the unique code featured on their purchase receipt for the Qualifying Purchase;
iii. upload a photo/scanned copy (in accordance with the file type and size accepted on the online claim form) of their Qualifying Purchase receipt; and
iv. their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Proof of purchase
The entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt for the Qualifying Purchase. The entrant must fill out the online entry form for every entry and upload a photo/scanned copy of their Qualifying Purchase receipt (in accordance with the file type and size specified on the online entry form).
Multiple entries permitted subject to the following: Limit one (1) entry permitted per person each day. Maximum of one (1) entry permitted per transaction. The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize (excludes SA residents). By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry. Limit one (1) entry per transaction.
Total Prize Pool
Up to AUD $2200
The prize is a trip for two (2) people to Perth to visit Optus Stadium Perth and includes:
- return economy class flights for two (2) people from Melbourne or Adelaide to Perth departing on 13/12/18 and returning on 15/12/18;
- two (2) nights’ four-star twin share accommodation for two (2) people from 13/12/18 to 15/12/18;
- one (1) Optus Stadium Tour for the winner and their guest;
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
Up to AUD $2200 depending on date and exact point of departure
Draw: computerised random selection – 02/11/18 at 02:30 pm AEDT
- No part of this prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
- Travel prize must be taken before 28/02/19. If the winner is unavailable or unwilling to travel by the aforementioned date required by the Promoter, they will forfeit their right to the prize and will not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
- The prize requires the winner to contact the Promoter in order to book travel.
- The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
- Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as case. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
- The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description herein, are not included.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at check in.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- The winner and his/her travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
- During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- The tickets to the Optus Stadium Perth Tour are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restrictions. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
- The Optus Stadium Perth Tour is subject to the availability of the Stadium on the winner’s proposed Tour date and will not be available where the proposed Tour date coincides with a separate event occurring at the Stadium at the same time and date.
The winner will be notified by phone and email within one (1) business day of the draw. The winner will be published at otr.com.au/optusstadium by 03/11/18.
The prize must be claimed by 09/11/18 at 1:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 12/11/18 at 2:30 pm AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia. The winner of the redraw will be notified by phone and email within one (1) business day of the redraw. The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) at otr.com.au/optusstadium by 13/11/18.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of the Participating Venues, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
a) The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia at 02:30 pm AEDT on 02/11/18 using computerised random selection.
i) The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the prize specified in the Schedule above.
b) The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
7. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner.
8. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable at the time stipulated by the Promoter for travel, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
9. Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
10. Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in How to Enter for each entry as proof of purchase (“Proof of Purchase”). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant’s respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant’s right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as a Participating Venue; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
11. The value of the prize is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prize (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after that date.
12. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
13. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
14. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
15. Immediately upon submission by an entrant, all entries become the sole property of the Promoter. All information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of administering this Promotion and contacting the Prize Draw winner. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ Personal Information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012) and all relevant privacy laws.
17. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner and their travel companion (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize. If a winner or travel companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner or travel companion will be required to sign the legal release on the winner or travel companion’s behalf.
19. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
20. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
21. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
25. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
26. Unless otherwise specified, the prize is a single event for the winner (and their guest) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
28. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
OPTUS PREPAID ELIGIBLE PRODUCTS
|SIM CARDS||HANDSETS||RECHARGE VOUCHERS|
|$10 VOICE INTERNATIONAL TRIPLE SIM STARTER KIT||OPTUS X LITE||OPTUS $130 MOBILE WIRELESS EP|
|$10 VOICE TRIPLE SIM STARTER KIT (2015)||OPTUS X PLAY||OPTUS $80 MOBILE WIRELESS EP|
|$2 VOICE TRIPLE SIM STARTER KIT (2015)||ALCATEL ONETOUCH 20.45X 86G||OPTUS $10 CALL CARD|
|$30 VOICE TRIPLE SIM STARTER KIT (2015)||OPTUS ALCATEL PIXI 3 (3G)||OPTUS $10 TOP UP|
|OPTUS $10 VOICE SIM – 2018||OPTUS NOKIA 301BOLT BLACK||OPTUS $100 PPM EP|
|OPTUS $2 OMB SIM STARTER KIT – NANO||OPTUS SAMSUNG 3309T BLACK||OPTUS $15 PPM EP|
|OPTUS $2 OMB TRIPLE SIM NEW||OPTUS SAMSUNG GALAXY YOUNG 2||OPTUS $19.95 PPI EP|
|OPTUS $2 VOICE SIM – 2017||OPTUS ZTE F286 BLACK||OPTUS $20 PPM EP|
|OPTUS $2 VOICE SIM STARTER KIT – COMBI||ZTE FIT SMART (4G)||OPTUS $30 PPM EP|
|OPTUS $30 VOICE SIM – 2017||OPTUS $34.95 PPI EP|
|OPTUS $40 VOICE SIM – 2017||OPTUS $40 PPM EP|
|OPTUS $40 VOICE TRIPLE SIM 2015||OPTUS $50 PPM EP|
|OPTUS MOB B_BAND $2 SIM – 2017||OPTUS $70 PPM EP|
|OPTUS $10 VOICE SIM STARTER KIT – COMBI||OPTUS $85 PPM EP|
|OPTUS $2 INTERNATIONAL SIM STARTER KIT – NANO||OPTUS $9.95 PPI EP|
|OPTUS $50 VOICE SIM – 2017||OPTUS DATA TOP UP $5 PPI EP|